After making all upgrades and repairs to the D/D, it was time to take her out and put her to work. Wayne had a tree in his backyard that needed to come down and it was situated between his house and the neighbors. Very close to both dwellings so that you could not just cut it down and let it fall. Limb by limb would have to be cut and then winched out of harms way. We spent about 8 hours getting the job done and it was not without problems. Continue reading Wayne’s tree leads to repair/ rebuild upper controls
As far as repair work, it can be difficult, real difficult, this really sucks difficult and not to bad at all difficult. Replacing the hose I blew yesterday wasn’t to bad, less than a couple hours of removal, road trip and getting and putting away the tools. Done deal.
I spent the whole day yesterday fixing the auger stow bracket which had been badly bent and poorly repaired before I purchased the truck. While testing the derrick functions last fall during other repairs, I went to stow the auger and the stow latch mechanism failed to deploy. After inspection it was clear everything was bent up and binding. I made a temporary fix to get the auger stowed until I could work on it in upcoming spring. Continue reading Auger stow bracket repair
It was a relief knowing that I had found a gasket leak in the booms function valve pilot valve after replacing the seals that were fine but, it was not so cool getting it fixed yesterday. It’s another example of Murphy’s law- (I’m paraphrasing here) what can go wrong will go wrong. Here’s what happened. Continue reading Booms pilot and MOR valve gasket leaks
This is a rough expense sheet listing what has been fixed or any other expense worth mentioning. Fuel, miscellaneous supplies and other things used in the shop/garage will not be included unless they are a must have for the DD. Continue reading running expense tab